2009 Salary Restorations, Salary Increases & TIAA CREF changes All Employee Meeting 8.12.14 Salary Restorations • 2009 Salary Reductions will be restored to employees who have not received any other adjustments to their salary since the reductions. • Restorations are to employees and not positions. • Restorations are effective October 1, 2014. Salary Increases • All full-time employees who were employed on October 1, 2013 will receive a 1% increase to their base salary (after restoration, if applicable). • There are no increases to stipends or other supplemental payroll. • The 1% increase is effective October 1, 2014. TIAA CREF • In 2013, 2.5% of LMC’s contribution to TIAA CREF was restored for those participating in the matched retirement plan. • Effective October 1, 2014, LMC is restoring another 2.5% (for a total of a 5% match), fully restoring the match that was removed in 2009. TIAA CREF • All full time employees are encouraged to participate in the matched retirement plan. • For new employees, there is a one year waiting period unless they participated in a 403b retirement plan at their previous employer. • All employees currently participating are required to complete a new authorization form prior to October 1st, which is available in HR or on the website. Part II Budget & P-Cards All Employee Meeting 8.12.14 Budgets • ‘Budget to actual’ detail reports prepared first of the month, beginning in October, and emailed to the Budget Officer of record. • If report is not received within the first week of the month email me so that I may verify we have the correct Budget Officer listed for the account. • VP’s will be copied on all budget reports going to others in their area. Budgets (cont’d) • Quick review of Account Codes: – 1-1- DEPT – EXPENSE (or Revenue) – Where Dept = 4 digit number identifying “who” is paying the expense, and – Where EXPENSE = 5 digit number identifying “what” the expense was. • Chart of frequently used expense codes are available on the Business Affairs web page. Budget (cont’d) • Verify all transactions are correct. • Immediately report questions or errors to Mary Taylor, Accountant. • Within 10 days of receiving budget report, Budget Officer must certify by email that the reports have been reviewed and are correct. Budget (cont’d) • Operating Budget is split between different expense codes. • Do not worry about individual accounts; stay within operating budget as a whole. • Budget adjustments between expense codes can be made at the end of the fiscal year. • Salary and fringe are not reported on Departmental Operating Budgets. P-Cards • Possession and use of a P-Card is a privilege. • P-Card is to be used for approved Lees-McRae College business only. • Card holder’s responsibility to ensure all purchases are in compliance with allowable expenditure policies. • P-Card in the name of the College and the cardholder but it is not associated with your personal financial information. P-Cards (cont’d) • P-Card log forms must be completed each month, signed by supervisor and submitted by last day of the month. • Per IRS regulations, itemized receipts for all PCard transactions are required; receipt must have sales tax separated out. • Credit card payment slip is NOT an acceptable receipt. • P-Card transactions without appropriate receipt will be charged back to the cardholder. P-Cards (cont’d) • Watch tipping – – Meal tips for parties of 6 or less are to be 15% – Meal tips for parties greater than 6 are to be 18% • Items purchased on the P-Card and then returned are to be credited back to the P-Card. • Prohibited use of P-Card: – – – – Cash advances Charitable or political contributions Personal expenses Staff gifts or parties P-Cards (cont’d) • Please read the entire P-Card Manual available on the Business Affairs web page! • Missy Pyatte is your P-Card contact. • Questions?