Morro Bay Tourism Bureau COUNTY TOURISM MARKETING DISTRICT “TMD” REPORT AND CONSIDERATIONS Visit SLO County TMD Overview TMD would be 5 years with a sunset clause for renewal set at the end. Voting process for members assessed: At this time the County Board of Supervisors has determined that all lodging partners countywide should be included: Hotel/Motel, Vacation Rentals and RV Parks. Morro Bay Lodging stakeholders should give thought, input, feedback and consideration in an open dialogue with the City and the Tourism Bureau during the month of April 2014 question and answer period. Once Lodging members that would be assessed the 1% affirm or deny the TMD in May the City Council will determine if it would allow a 1% ordinance to proceed. County TMD Board Structure by Municipality Morro Bay 1 Pismo Beach 1 Paso Robles 4 San Luis Obispo 1 County Unincorporated 1 Atascadero Arroyo Grande 1 1 1 1 1 1 Vacation Rentals RV Parks B&B 4 Board Members Any City Board Terms and Officers 3 year board terms – stagger terms in the beginning Officer Team of 4 person to be elected annually: Chairman Vice Chairman Treasurer Secretary Morro Bay Lodging Community Options Denial would determine that Morro Bay Tourism would not have an opportunity to participate for an additional 5 years Support - Hoteliers and the Tourism Bureau would need to work together to determine where the current hoteliers would want 1% TMD funding to come from. Support would determine that the City and Visit SLO County would work together to bring the Vacation Rentals and the RV Parks together to discuss partnerships. Support Options for Morro Bay Hotelier Community 1. 2. 3. Participate - There are 3 logical formulas to create a 1% Formulas to create a 1% TMD contribution from Morro Bay 1% additional assessment separately funded from the current MBTBID assessment creating a 3%MBTBID + 1%TMD for total combined assessment funds of 4% 1% additional assessment funded at .50% from the current MBTBID assessment funds currently allocated to the MBTBID through a contract with the City of Morro Bay and an additional assessment separately funded creating a 3%(with a pass through of .50%) + .50%TMD for total combined assessment funds of 3.5% 1% additional assessment funded totally from the existing MBTBID assessment funds thus reducing the funding to the MBTB to 2% and shifting the final 1% to a TMD for a total of 3% Your Voice The Tourism Bureau will entering a period of questions and answers over the next 21 days with the lodging partners in Morro Bay through Brent Haugen, Executive Director and Stacie Jacob, Executive Director, Visit SLO County. A survey will arrive to the Morro Bay Hotel/Motel community for your consideration of the TMD prior to the May Tourism Bureau Meeting. Please take part in the survey we want to hear from you. We will take directional lead from your voice.